OpportunitiesSierra Madre Playhouse is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and intimate performing arts venue that provides opportunities in various areas. See below for opportunities we are currently offering.
Freelance Grants Specialist
Sierra Madre Playhouse is seeking a grants professional to assist with project proposals and comprehensive reports.
Candidates should be independent contractors with an established record of successful grant writing and management. The grants specialist will prepare applications for public, private, and corporate opportunities. This will include drafting grant application narratives, maintaining up-to-date language regarding the Playhouse’s programming, managing the timeline for multi-part applications and tracking necessary reports, and assisting with the preparation of budgets. The specialist will also research new grant opportunities.
This is an independent contractor position, fully remote with flexible hours. Compensation will be hourly and competitive.
1) Knowledge of or experience working with theaters and nonprofit arts venues;
2) Strong writing/editing and verbal communications skills (Bachelor’s degree in Art History, Journalism, Communications, English, or related field preferred);
3) Minimum 2+ years grant writing experience, with theater arts and community program grants experience highly valued;
4) Proven track record of successfully funded projects;
5) Proven ability to manage multiple responsibilities;
6) Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, access to grant software a plus
Please send a resume and writing sample to email@example.com with “Grants Specialist” in the subject line.